As our team approaches the launch of ModRN Health’s nurse-led care coordination platform, I am humbled and grateful as I reflect on the mission that brought us here.
We are here because no one should have to travel the journey to better health alone, especially as health care becomes increasingly expensive, complex, and often detached from the patient as a human being.
For years as a registered nurse, I witnessed the pain and frustration of patients and their families as they struggled to make sense of prescriptions, doctors’ visits, chronic conditions, an unexpected diagnosis, and treatment plans, all compounded by rising costs and confusion about how and where to access care.
As a nurse, I knew I held an important position as the “connector of the dots” and an advocate for care. Questions about medication, treatment plans, details of a diagnosis, and lifestyle adjustments are constantly swirling for a patient as the journey to health ebbs and flows.
I wanted to do everything I could to help my patients. Like the healthcare journey, nursing is not linear. Nursing is ongoing and personal. Nursing is about responding to care coordination needs, whatever they may be at any given time.
I knew I had to do something about it. I wanted to build a solution. I was certain that technology would play a key role to help facilitate coordination at a patient’s fingertips and still maintain the personal touch that makes nursing so valuable. Nurse-led care coordination backed by technology has always been the foundation of ModRN Health.
Today, as the latest platform release is upon us, ModRN Health is already well on its way to caring for so many members. We have learned so much and benefited from the wisdom of family and friends, insurance brokers who want to offer better benefits to their clients, small employers who want better care for their people, medical professionals who want to improve patient access, a supportive startup community, technology experts, and most of all, patients.
Here is what you can expect from ModRN Health. Our commitment to the patient will never waiver. The patient is where we began and the patient is the reason we are here. All of our core values are wrapped around a commitment to patient care:
● Empathy and compassion. We meet patients where they are. We find out where that is and we go there, without hesitation.
● We think bigger than ourselves. Better healthcare is a critical issue facing all people and all patients.
● Servant leadership. We are here to serve the patient and that is where our leadership will always begin.
● Honesty and integrity. We do the right thing for our members and for all of our partners who support the care of our member patients.
● Solutions-based thinking. We are here to do whatever we can to make the healthcare system better. We don’t waste time sitting around complaining about it.
● Mission focused. We constantly ask ourselves: “If not now, then when? If not us, then who?”
Are you a small employer who wants to offer better care for your people? Are you a broker seeking better solutions for the companies and families you serve? Are you and your family seeking the type of holistic care coordination that only a nurse can provide?
ModRN Health invites you to join us on our journey where every patient is a person and every person is a patient.